Misc. Information
Hey yall,
This is my more or less attempt to create a way for my family and friends to stay updated with what all the Lord is doing in my life this summer.
For those who know little about what I'm doing this summer, then you and I are pretty much on the same page already! Basically, an opportunity has arose for myself and Caleb, a good brother in the Lord, to spend eight weeks in Mexico. We will be staying/working with a missionary Training Center in Piedras Negras. Honestly we have very little agenda, we desire to learn Spanish from our friends in the center, learn about ministry in the mexican culture, as well as be a blessing as much as possible to the Churches: it is going to be a learning experience!
The greatest thing I am looking forward to is spending much time with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, spending much time on my knees, and seeking His face as He has called us to do. I've heard of too many amazing things that happen to those ordinary people who really, really seek the Lord, for me not to anxiously desire to be filled and used in such extraordinary ways as they were for the Kingdom of God.
We will be leaving May 19th, and returning in mid-July. The Lord has provided the finances for this mission trip, no doubt through many of you reading this, for which I am extremely grateful. But for all of you reading this I continue to ask for your prayers, specifically for Caleb and myself: wisdom and much discernment, safety and protection, that we may grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus, that the Holy Spirit would guide and mightly use us to be a significant blessing to the churches in this specific area. As the summer goes by I will continue to post more specific prayer requests as they come.
I think that about covers it, thank you very much for your support and commitment to the Lord and to us, I pray that you may be blessed by what the Lord will do with us this summer, as well as challenged to continue the race set before us, looking unto our Lord Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory!
"Only one life, twill soon be past; only what's done for Christ shall last."
5 Comments:
Test comment
Brothers,
Im excited to see what the Lord is going to do there and I cant wait to hear about all the cool things He will do. I will continue to pray for you both and I love you guys. I will miss yall, but I know I will see you soon with confidence in the Lord's protection over yall. Anyways I wanted to give this blog thing a shot and let yall know that I will be praying for you. So Ill talk to you both later and God bless. Grace and peace.
What a neat opportunity He has provided for you and Caleb! And He will certainly take care of you. I will be praying for you and Caleb, that God will guide your steps and conversations and that He will bless your prayers and multiply your efforts. I will be interested to see the difference in our Spanish when we get back in the fall. :) God Bless.
~Holly
http://web.mac.com/calebhobart/iWeb/
I got a new compter and along with it came a sweet webpage making/blog thing so if you could change this up in your template that would be great. later buddy
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home