Friday, June 30, 2006

A Few Updates

¡Buenas tardes desde Mexico! My appologies for not updating earlier, we haven´t had working internet for this whole week. Hopefully I can get yall up to date on how things are going down here. Pardon any writing errors, I´m using a mexican keyboard.

School has just ended here! The elementary school that we have been working with just had their graduation ceremony last night. All the niños did very well.

For those of you who do not know, in 2 weeks Caleb y Yo will be leaving to attend a missions conference near Mexico City for a week. The 20 hour bus ride will take us through Vera Cruz, Mexico City, and then to the congress in Oaxtapec, Morelos. We are definitely looking forward to it, but we do ask that you´d pray for us, that all of us will arrive there safely, that the Lord would use this conference to further His Vision for the Church and ourselves. They say the fruit juices down there are amazing too. I am looking forward to seeing another side of Mexico, for word on the street is that border towns, like Piedras Negras, are very different than other parts of this country. Not sure why though, it´s not like Texas is any different than Iowa.

For all of you guys who are thinking of going overseas anytime in your life for whatever reason, there´s a book that I´d highly recommend you read: Foreign to Familiar, by Sarah P. (I forgot her last name). It is about the differences in warm in cold climate cultures, and has some veery good insights in how to practically minister in both. I read it in Spanish. :)

A verse that seems to be applicable down here right now is this: ¨He who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a dog by the ears.¨ Proverbs 26:17 If it is not your burden to bear, and they don´t want to burden you with it, don´t meddle around with it. I´ve never pulled a dog by the ears before, but I can imagine it´s effects are not desirable.

Anyways that is all I have right now, God bless you all, thanks for your continual prayers. We have one week left, then the conference, then a few days afterward, and then we will be coming home. Hopefully I will be able to write more next week, and then following the conference. Peace!

Chris

1 Comments:

At 7/01/2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I must apologize to Chris for using this site to thank everyone for their encouraging emails while we were on our Chapel Choir tour. There's nothing quite like the body of Christ! You don't know us--we don't know you--but we all know Him. Second of all, our thanks and love to Chris for asking for your prayers and emails! We are praying for you daily, Chris, and can't wait to see you again and hear about your amazing summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home