Saturday, June 23, 2007

Update 23 Junio 2007

Hey guys! I wanted to give you guys a few updates:

-First off, for those who were curious I did shave my goT before I shaved my head. Just an FYI, some people were wondering about that.

-Last week, we were praying for a man named Manuel, he is the husband of a lady here at the church. He is not a Christian, and last week he didn´t have a job. Two weeks ago he came to church for the first time, which was an answer to prayer. We as a church started to pray for him to find a job. Well last week a man came to HIS door during the day, and asked him if he wanted a job! It is a construction job to the best of my knowledge in Acuña, but the company has transportation to get him to and from work, so he doesn´t have to drive. This is a huge answer to prayer, especially as he is showing more and more an interesting in the things of God. Keep him in your prayers if you can, we´d love to see him join the army of God with us here.

-This past Tuesday we had the opportunity to ride horses with Armando´s brother! It was a whoooole lotta fun, and we´re going back today to ride again. More important than riding horses though, Lalo (armando´s brother) is not a Christian, or at least is struggling with letting go of the things of the world, and these horses are providing us an opportunity to be with him. We´ve been praying for this opportunity to come up where we can talk with him on Spiritual things, so Lord willing we´ll get to talk with him today. Keep him in your prayers as well.

-For those who are curious, Mexico and United States are playing in the Finals of the Gold Cup. It is like the World cup, only restrained to the Americas. It will be this sunday for those who are interested.

-It has been raining alot the past couple of days, which makes everything muddy, but also alot cooler! That has been a blessing.

-Keep praying for Armando and the church. Right now the church is made up mainly of relatives of Armando and his wife (around 20 - 30 people generally attend Sunday). Only about 6 of them are committed. It is different here, because the majority of your family lives in the same neighborhood. However when the majority of them are not saved, it does provide a large burden for Armando to carry: these aren´t just lost people he´s ministering to, or even lost friends, but its family. Not sure if I explained that clearly or not, but just keep Armando in your prayers, he is carrying a heavy burden. God has been working, there is just alot more work to go.ç

-Beginning this Monday I believe, we will be leading a bible study for the youth of the church (mainly around 5 girls and maybe 2 guys). Pray for us, heh. I´ve seen some good things come from some of the youth, just pray we can continue to encourage them on the upward path and let go of the things of the world.

Well my time is up, God bless yall, thanks for your prayers. Leave comments, they´re encouraging! Peace,


Chris

4 Comments:

At 6/23/2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Adventures of a Rushing Wife said...

Hey guys!!
I am so pleased to hear that y'all rode horses! and to top that off it is giving y'all an opportunity to talk with Lalo! Isn't the Lord neat! I am praying for all three of you and for the work in allende. Tell Armando and his family that I say hello and that I am praying for them! God bless you brothers!
-Amy Jones

 
At 6/29/2007 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could have seen you on the horses! The Lord is amazing--I was just reading your blog and trying to figure out how to get your computer to Bryan (I was going to bring it myself) and who should call? Darren! Holly is going to bring it to Bryan this weekend. Isn't that awesome? We're praying for all of you and love you lots. Mom

 
At 6/29/2007 10:20 PM, Blogger Holly said...

That is great about Manuel getting a job. God is good at answering prayers! Side note... I've been wanting a coffee table all week, and tonight a lady emailed me and said, "I wanted to ask you if you would like to have a small coffee table? I have an oval table that is pretty small and has a lower shelf. I thought you might need one when you go to settle in San Antonio." It is neat that He brings things right to our door, just like He did with Manuel's job. Tell Eloy and Scott hi!

 
At 6/30/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Caleb Peter said...

Brother, what a blessing it is to hear of the work that is continuing through you. I wish I could be with you. I am off to China July 11th. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with you guys, but know I will keep you in my thoughts. I love you guys! Give my blessing and love to Armando and the rest of our family down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home