¡Update!
Hola amigos! Sorry for not updating sooner, but this has been the first time I've been able to get my thoughts together and get to a "ciber cafe". Here are a few updates:
Daily Schedule:
-Right now we've been following Armando (the pastor) around, visiting different families of the church. His schedule is somewhat like: Preach Sunday, teach bible study monday, thursday, and friday, lead prayer service wednesday, as well as visit different families in need, when needed. Also he goes to Piedras Negras Tuesdays and fridays when he can to attend semenary there. He´s got a full plate, and we´ve been accompanying him around so far. I´ve been very impressed by the character of him and his family.
-We've played a little soccer every now and then, hopefully we´ll get to play more time permitting.
-Two days ago we worked for about 4-5 hours cutting waist high grass using only hoes at one of the ladies of the church´s house. When I say cut I really mean we uprooted it. Afterwards we watched a goat get slaughtered, which was interesting.
-Yesterday thanks to Scott´s influence, Eloy and I buzzed our heads, seriously. It is alot cooler, and ya don´t have to do your hair in the morning which is nice. Not sure if I´ll keep it this short, but figured now is the time, if any, to try it.
-We´re doing our best to study spanish a little be each day on our own, reading books, taking notes, and reviewing over words in a little notebook we carry around.
-We're going to get the priveledge of preaching in the church on sundays, and I'm scheduled first! That means this sunday I´m going to be preaching in spanish to the church. Sunday after next it will be Eloy or Scott, and the other two sundays after that.
-We have been making it a daily habit to pray at night before we goto bed. What we are doing is writing down the prayer requests of the day on a list, and praying for them each night until they´re answered or finished, and then we highlight them to show that they´ve been answered. We have already gotten a few specific answered prayers which is exciting!
PRAYER REQUESTS
-That we may use time diligently here, and accomplish all the God would have us to do each day.
-For me specifically this sunday when I'm preaching in Spanish, that I´d have the words to say and convey the message properly.
-If you would, pray Colossians 1:9-14 for us, I think it is very applicable to what we need.
Thanks for following us, Dios le bendiga (God bless you)!
Chris
3 Comments:
Buzzed heads! Brave boys!! Glad for the update; I'm praying for y'all... that's awesome you get to preach in Spanish!
Agreed. You guys are crazy. I'm praying for you today, brother.
Hey, guys. Loved the update. We're praying for ya'll. ~Gina & Darren & kids
Post a Comment
<< Home